I do a fair amount of research before I buy anything and buying my first Fleshlight was no different. I had a general idea of what they were, but I never saw one in person. And it’s not something you’d typically discuss with a buddy, so I didn’t have a first-hand review. I did what most do, I turned to the interwebz, specifically review sites and forums. I wanted to hear from “real” people about their experience. Most of the information was positive. However, I kept seeing that cleaning a Fleshlight can be a chore. Some detailed their elaborate cleaning and drying processes and the review sites ranked Fleshlights by the ease of cleaning.
I was intimidated, to say the least. I didn’t want to spend more time cleaning a Fleshlight than I would be using it. Seeing this delayed my decision and almost caused me to abandon the idea entirely. I was curious and excited by the Fleshlight Girls line. Wanting to add something a little more exciting to my alone time. A replica of one of my favorite Pornstars seemed to fit the bill. I told myself they seem to be popular; I might as well try it if it’s a pain to clean I’ll just bury it in the closet. If anyone cares, the first Fleshlight I bought was the lovely Kayden Kross.
If you’re new to getting a sex toy, cleaning can be intimidating. Toys only take a few minutes to clean, even if you’re meticulous like me. Don’t let cleaning be a deciding factor in buying a Fleshlight. The few minutes it takes is well worth the experience. Ready to find out how difficult it is to clean a Fleshlight?
The right tools make the job easier, right?
What You’ll Need
- Fleshwash or other toy safe anti-bacterial spray
- Renewal powder or cornstarch
- A small thin lint-free towel (microfiber cleaning towels work great)
- Remove the sleeve from the case. Run cold water through the canal and also rinse the outside. Spray Fleshwash into both ends of the canal and around the outside. You could use your finger to rub the spray around but it’s not necessary. Run water through and rinse again. Finally, shake the excess water from the sleeve and set it aside on your towel.
- Remove the retention ring and end cap from the case. You can clean the case with soap or anti-bacterial spray. Clean inside and out including the caps and ring. Shake the excess water from the case and dry it.
- Drying the sleeve can be handled in a couple of different ways. Leave the sleeve out of the case to air dry, or speed it up by using the towel. Using the towel: feed it through the canal until dry, then dry the outside making sure to get into all the crevices. The towel works best from my experience.
- Make sure everything is completely dry. Apply the Fleshlight Renewing Powder or cornstarch all over the sleeve.
- Put it all back together and store it. Leave the end cap slightly loose for airflow. You’re done, that’s it.
A Couple of Notes…
Clean your Fleshlight right after you’re done with it. Also, sleeves will deteriorate if you use soap or detergents to clean them. Only use toy safe cleaners, water, or isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Don’t powder or store your sleeve until it is completely dry. Powdering and storing the sleeve before it’s dry could cause bacteria to grow, nobody wants that.
Fleshlight’s are a very pleasurable experience and worth the few minutes it takes to clean. Users also report added stamina with a partner after regularly using a Fleshlight. If you still feel cleaning is too much, a Quickshot would be a great option. It is half the size of a regular Fleshlight, and they are open on both sides making it even easier to clean and dry.
We have a large selection of Fleshlight and Masturbators. Pick one that visually excites you and give it a try! If you have any questions connect with us on chat or via email. We’re happy to help!